Skillet Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Raisins and Toasted Almonds
June 13, 2017
I love roasted vegetables, especially broccoli and cauliflower. The cauliflower caramelizes beautifully in this recipe and gets tremendous flavor from the ginger and curry.
Download Skillet Roasted Curried Cauliflower with Raisins and Toasted Almonds recipe
1 head cauliflower (2 pounds)
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons golden raisins
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Trim the outer leaves and cut the stem flush with the bottom of the head. Cut cauliflower into ¾-inch-thick slices. Cut around core to remove florets; discard core. Cut large florets into 1½-inch pieces.
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil and cauliflower florets in 12-inch nonstick skillet and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cover skillet and cook over medium-high heat until florets start to brown and edges just start to become translucent (do not lift lid!), about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to cook, stirring every 2 minutes, until florets turn golden brown in many spots, about 12 minutes.
- Push cauliflower to edges of skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ginger, curry powder, and cayenne to center and cook, stirring with rubber spatula, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir ginger mixture into cauliflower and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender but still firm, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cilantro and raisins. Transfer cauliflower to serving platter, sprinkle with almonds, drizzle with additional olive oil and serve.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.