Gluten-Free Banana Almond Flour Muffins
Even if you don’t follow a gluten-free diet, this recipe is worth trying and is guaranteed to satisfy. Tender and moist, the muffins have a slightly tropical flavor thanks to coconut sugar and flour.
Makes 12 muffins
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup maple syrup (or honey)
¼ cup coconut sugar (or sucanat)
3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ cup King Arthur Gluten Free Flour
¼ cup Arrowhead Mills coconut or oat flour
1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
Optional toppings: chopped nuts, rolled oats, or coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and adjust rack to middle position. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Gently stir together to combine ingredients, don't overmix. Stir in nuts.
- Using ice cream scoop or large spoon, divide batter evenly into muffin tin. Sprinkle with a topping, if desired. Bake 20-24 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in muffin center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack, serve warm or room temperature.